Due to size and internationality of the IG BSSW it is not possible to arrange periodic meetings for all members. The ways to travel would be too far and also the expenses of our members would be way to high.
Nevertheless the IG BSSW wants to stay close to its members. Therefore our association is organized in regional groups. That way we can realize our claim of providing the chance to as many members as possible to active cooperation. A lively, regular and productive cooperation within the regional groups is the main base for the success of our organization.
Each regional group does have its own voluntary head who organizes the meetings and speakers as well as he serves as contact person for all your questions. This way each group has its own dynamic and program. Some groups cooperate with other big organizations like the Freaky Fish Club (FFC) or the “Internationale Gemeinschaft für Labyrinthfische” (IGL). But there also are many cooperations with smaller and more local associations. So the meetings are open not only to members of the IG BSSW but also to all interested hobbyists.
At the meeting the speakers usually are expert members talking about specific subjects. The meetings provide a perfect platform for exchanging experiences. Participation is free. However, a little financial support for the acquisition of the next speakers is always welcome.
There is no regional group in your country or region? – Establish your own one! We are very happy about every new regional group and always love to support establishing a new one. All you need is a decent location as well as some friends and other hobbyists that attend and maybe speak at your meetings.
If you are interested in establishing a regional group please contact the chairman or the executive board.
On the following pages you will find the heads and contact persons, upcoming events as well as all relevant information to each regional group.
Overview over all locations of regional groups
Overview over all BSSW-relevant dates of the upcoming 12 months
- 24. November 2017, ganztägig, IG BSSW @ bei Hildesheim (Map to bei Hildesheim):
1. Salmler-Tage (Tagungsort bei Hildesheim)
- 25. November 2017, 14:00, RG Südbayern @ "Auszeit" - Vereinslokal des ASV Dachau (Map to "Auszeit" - Vereinslokal des ASV Dachau):
"Sonne, Sand und Piranhas zum Frühstück", Hannes Doppermann, Vortrag
- 2. December 2017, 20:00, RG Sachsen @ Niederhermsdorfer Hof (Map to Niederhermsdorfer Hof):
- 9. December 2017, 15:00, RG Niedersachsen @ SCL-Clubheim der Bezirkssportanlage (Map to SCL-Clubheim der Bezirkssportanlage):
"Panzerwelse und 'BSSW'-Neuimporte", Frank Schäfer, Vortrag
- 9. December 2017, 16:00, RG Rhein-Main @ MGV Konkordia (Map to MGV Konkordia):
"Auf Schaumnestsuche in Malaysia", Michael Scharfenberg, Vortrag
- 9. December 2017, 19:30, RG Nordbayern @ Auf der Tulpe (Map to Auf der Tulpe):
"Cascudinhos", Daniel Straub, Vortrag
- 15. December 2017, 19:00, RG Aachen @ Hotel Mennicken (Map to Hotel Mennicken):
"Tansania & Tanganjikasee", Martin GRIMM, Vortrag
- 15. December 2017, 19:30, RG Nord @ Am Sportplatzring (Map to Am Sportplatzring):
Weihnachtsessen & "Die Weihnachtsüberraschung", Hans-Georg Evers, Vortrag
- 26. January 2018, 20:00, RG Berlin @ Villa Rixdorf (Map to Villa Rixdorf):
"Sonne, Sand und Piranhas zum Frühstück – der Rio Cinaruco", Hannes Doppermann, Vortrag
- 24. February 2018, 18:00, RG Fulda @ Jägerhaus (Map to Jägerhaus):
"Zucht kleiner Pfeilgiftfrösche", Ernst Schmidt, Vortrag
- 23. March 2018, 20:00, RG Berlin @ Villa Rixdorf (Map to Villa Rixdorf):
"Tansania, Tierparadiese und Traumstrände", Florian Lahrmann, Vortrag
- 14. April 2018, 18:00, RG Fulda @ Jägerhaus (Map to Jägerhaus):
"Zur Welsvermehrung: Ohne Harnisch und Panzer", Achim Werckenthin, Vortrag
- 20. April 2018, ganztägig, IG BSSW @ Gerhart-Hauptmann-Schule (Map to Gerhart-Hauptmann-Schule):
30 Jahre BSSW & JHV
- 11. August 2018, 18:00, RG Fulda @ Jägerhaus (Map to Jägerhaus):
"Krankheiten der Aquarienfische Schwerpunkt Bakterielle Erkrankung bei Welsen", Dieter Untergasser, Vortrag
- 17. November 2018, 18:00, RG Fulda @ Jägerhaus (Map to Jägerhaus):
"Der L236 und die Entstehung der RB-Linie", Robert Budrovcan, Vortrag